We thank God for an opportunity of a lifetime that has enabled us to experience and learn from the history, culture, political environment, social environment, investment and business opportunities and aspirations of the Youth in all the ten sub regions of Uganda. This has been a great journey of interconnectedness from our history, innovation revealed by our technologies, timeless norms and beliefs, appreciating gifted hands of the region, nourishing cuisines and the beauty in the regions. We recognize the countless efforts of our entire network that have made this possible. We pride in the beautiful region stories, region curriculum and the region museum and craft center.
This has been a great journey of interconnectedness from our history, innovation revealed by our technologies, timeless norms and beliefs.
The year 2024 will leverage our region experience, knowledge and potential. Our focus is on three major deliverables:
Strengthening the cottage industries as an engine of growth
- a. Doing an ecosystem mapping of 12 major cottages and running a symposium that links all actors along a specific cottage.
- b. Standardizing production, processing and packaging of selected commodities.
- c. Aggregating production by the masses to penetrate large markets.
Ceasing the beauty and potential of the regions through agritourism
- a. A multimedia publication of the beautiful region PELA stories to boast community business tourism will be launched in December, 2024.
- b. The Youth Agripreneur champion talent as a fundraiser for the industry technologies for each PELA. The documentary of the journey through the beautiful regions.
- c. The gifted hands beadwork, basketry and pottery products for high end markets to fetch investment income into the PELA industries.
More foot soldiers to boast Youth Led region transformation.
- The WestNile, Lango, Acholi, Teso, Elgon, Karamoja and Busoga region need extra presence to bolster Youth Agripreneur Champion led transformation.
Thank you all for Journeying with us.