On Monday, the 18th of September, 2023, a vibrant and enthusiastic group of individuals gathered at Gudie Leisure Farm for the 3rd Annual General Meeting of the Gudie Agribusiness Microfinance (GAM). Dressed in custom white GAM T-shirts, members added a splash of color and unity to the event. With the talented Anicia Nabukenya as the Master of Ceremony, the gathering kicked off with heartwarming stories of savings and borrowing from the audience.
A Warm Welcome:
The agenda included a communication from Dr. Gudula Naiga Basaza, Chairperson of GAM. Her message was received with great enthusiasm and warmth as she welcomed the members. Dr. Gudula expressed her gratitude and shared, “Thank you for continuing to believe in the Vision of GAM, for buying shares, borrowing to achieve your dreams, and for generating dividends for our shareholders.”
Dr. Gudula extended a warm welcome to the newly elected Board members and all the fresh faces in the GAM community, especially those attending their first meeting. She also paid a heartfelt tribute to the outgoing inaugural Board members, Wycliffe Ncondoza and Anicia Nabukenya, who had contributed immensely to GAM’s success.
Thank you for buying shares, borrowing to achieve your dreams, and for generating dividends for our shareholders.
Towards a Shared Vision:
Dr. Gudula shared an exciting vision for the future: “I want to take this opportunity to inform our new members that you are joining eminent members who are committed to establishing the Gudie Agribusiness Bank by the year 2030. This will be a bank owned by staff, PELA Savings and Loan Associations (PSLA), and Division Savings and Loan Associations (DSLA).”
Agenda and Actions:
Several important items were discussed during the meeting, leading to actionable outcomes:
- Membership Growth: The members recognized the need to intensify efforts in enrolling and retaining members. The target group includes PSLAs, DSLAs, staff, R&G investments, and sister companies.
- URSB Submission: The current membership and shareholding as of June 30, 2023, will be submitted to the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB).
- Share Capital Increase: The decision was made to increase the share capital to 1,000,000, which will subsequently be registered with URSB.
GAM is not just about numbers; it’s about empowering dreams. The meeting celebrated the tangible successes achieved by its members, which included:
- Land Ownership: Several members have been able to purchase land, taking a significant step toward securing their future.
- Entrepreneurship: Others have turned their dreams into reality by starting their own businesses.
- Mobility: For some, owning a car has become a reality, providing both personal convenience and entrepreneurial opportunities.
A Diverse Product Portfolio:
GAM offers a wide range of financial products designed to meet the diverse needs of its members, including:
- Business Loans: Empowering entrepreneurs to expand and thrive.
- Investment Loans: Fueling members’ growth and development.
- Personal Loans: Fulfilling individual aspirations.
- Group Loans: Encouraging collective progress and community development.
The 3rd Annual General Meeting of Gudie Agribusiness Microfinance was not just a gathering of members; it was a celebration of dreams realized, a testament to the power of collective action, and a commitment to a brighter future. GAM, under the visionary leadership of Dr. Gudula Naiga Basaza, is not only shaping the financial landscape but also empowering its members to build better lives. As they work toward establishing the Gudie Agribusiness Bank by 2030, the possibilities for growth, prosperity, and shared success are boundless.
Stay tuned for more inspiring stories and updates on Gudie Leisure Farm’s blog